W związku z wprowadzeniem certyfikatu SSL mogą wystąpić problemy z logowaniem na naszym forum. W większości przypadków zalecamy wyczyszczenie pamięci podręcznej (cache) przeglądarki i usunięcie "ciasteczek" w domenie wielkapolonia.pl. Instrukcje dla najpopularniejszych przeglądarek można znaleźć np. na stronie: https://pomoc.poczta.onet.pl/baza-wiedz ... egladarki/.

Dalsze informacje można znaleźć w tym temacie: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16541&start=25#p687325

Helpful info if you're visiting Warsaw and Polonia

Football news, supporters, FAQ's, etc.

Moderatorzy: dapoetone, Altze

krol_olch
IFC POLONI@
Kontakt:

Helpful info if you're visiting Warsaw and Polonia

Post autor: krol_olch » czw lip 23, 2009 14:11

Following some angry users' complaints, a topic dedicated to the things that you may find important when visiting Warsaw. No football talk here :P

As mentioned earlier, much helpful hints in English can be found here:
http://www.chodznamecz.pl/index_en.php

This is also the place for NACcers to ask about advice as the game Polonia-NAC Breda will be played in Warsaw.

klaashaas

Post autor: klaashaas » czw lip 23, 2009 19:32

First of all, compliments for this great forum. Makes me feel very welcome.

I'll be going to Warszawa next week with a couple of friends. We're arriving on Wednesday evening and going back on friday late in the afternoon.

I have never been in Warszawa before, but wikipedia says "Poland’s capital has one of the best nightlifes in all of Europe, with a huge amount of pubs, clubs and places where the fun goes on all week from dusk till dawn.".

I'm wondering.. Are these 'huge amount of pubs" and "clubs" easily found in warsaw, or are the best pubs carefully hidden for the tourists?

Basically, I'm looking for nice, friendly places to hang out on
1. wednesday night,
2. thursday for some pre-match drinks, not too far away from the stadium,
3. thursday night.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

Cheers!

konradek

Post autor: konradek » czw lip 23, 2009 20:30

For your information: Hotel Ibis Stare Miasto is 100 m from the stadium
http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3714- ... ndex.shtml

Awatar użytkownika
Oiolosse
Kontakt:

Post autor: Oiolosse » czw lip 23, 2009 20:38

I highly recommend you clubs on Sienkiewicza Street.

http://maps.google.pl/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.23 ... 4&t=h&z=17

It's in the center of Warsaw, and there is a lot clubs in this area.
http://www.kluborganza.pl
http://sheesha.pl/

Awatar użytkownika
kozlorf

Post autor: kozlorf » czw lip 23, 2009 21:06

Well, certainly the "Old Town" (Stare Miasto, medieval) and the New Town (Nowe Miasto, reneissance ;) ) are worth visiting, with the greatest amount of pubs and restaurants, and Polonia stadium is just there (it is formally a part of the New Town district).

Next you can take a walk along the so called "King's Trail" (Trakt Królewski) up to a Łazienki Park, and there is a baroque "Castle on Water".

For me this would be the niciest part of the city, and lot's of places to eat and drink there too.

I've created a google map with some hints.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 07c77ff6dc

I've checked the option that everyone can edit, so if you have any ideas you can put them there (hope it works).

tommy

Post autor: tommy » czw lip 23, 2009 22:12

kozlorf- Old and New Town is one of the most expensive places in Warsaw ;)

KSPpiterKSP

Post autor: KSPpiterKSP » czw lip 23, 2009 23:27

klaashaas pisze: I have never been in Warszawa before, but wikipedia says "Poland�s capital has one of the best nightlifes in all of Europe, with a huge amount of pubs, clubs and places where the fun goes on all week from dusk till dawn."
Unfortunatelly this is not true. Even in Poland Krakow and Wroclaw are better.
klaashaas pisze: I'm wondering.. Are these 'huge amount of pubs" and "clubs" easily found in warsaw, or are the best pubs carefully hidden for the tourists?
Yes, some are hidden or simply not located in the city centre, like:

http://www.thefresh.pl/
http://radioluxembourg.pl/

If you have to stay in the city centre only try this one:

http://www.klubokawiarnia.pl/

Close to the central train station there is Hard Rock Cafe and Akwarium Jazz Club.

Nice stay in Warszawa. Have a lot of fun and beer after 3:0 for Polonia :wink:

Awatar użytkownika
Decik

Post autor: Decik » pt lip 24, 2009 2:31

Ta, Radia Luxemburg to reprezentatywny klub w Warszawie;)

krol_olch
IFC POLONI@
Kontakt:

Post autor: krol_olch » pt lip 24, 2009 8:21

3. thursday night.
for pre-match drinks the Old and New Town (especially New Town Square - Rynek Nowego Miasta - and Freta street) will be great. Close to the stadium and generally nice.

Post-match drinks are more of a problem because if the game is at 20.00 then you have to ruch, as almost all pubs in that area close at 23.00 ...

"Piwna Kompania" at Podwale street is a nice place.

jassin

Post autor: jassin » pt lip 24, 2009 11:32

Obelix

Post autor: Obelix » pt lip 24, 2009 15:45

kozlorf pisze:Next you can take a walk along the so called "King's Trail" (Trakt Królewski) up to a Łazienki Park, and there is a baroque "Castle on Water".
Well, curva, thats ok, but żeby się nie scwelowały these guys, it is close to Cwels Arena :?

Awatar użytkownika
goora

Post autor: goora » pt lip 24, 2009 16:03

klaashaas pisze:First of all, compliments for this great forum. Makes me feel very welcome.

I'll be going to Warszawa next week with a couple of friends. We're arriving on Wednesday evening and going back on friday late in the afternoon.

I have never been in Warszawa before, but wikipedia says "Poland’s capital has one of the best nightlifes in all of Europe, with a huge amount of pubs, clubs and places where the fun goes on all week from dusk till dawn.".

I'm wondering.. Are these 'huge amount of pubs" and "clubs" easily found in warsaw, or are the best pubs carefully hidden for the tourists?

Basically, I'm looking for nice, friendly places to hang out on
1. wednesday night,
3. thursday night.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

Cheers!
Hi,
It all depends what you like, but definatelly I must say that clubs in Warsaw are not easy to be found. It is because our city doesn't have specific city center and also old town is rather attraction for tourist than a place where you can find anything interesting (except restaurants)

1. for wednesday you should describe what are you looking for (more underground places, concerts, what kind of music etc) and I can find something suitable. If you by any chance like reggae, than you should go to club Jadlodajnia Filozoficzna od Dobra 33/35 (but there is severalother clubs in this area)
2. For pre match Freta street will be perfect
3. as it will be late, you need do find places open during night. definatelly you can find big selection of bars in area of Nowy Swiat street, I pesonally recommend Nowy Swiat 27 club called Powiekszenie but in this area there is many places open for sure on both sides of the street (but not from the front, you need to go to the backyard.

as I wrote if you describe your preferences I can find something for you :-)

klaashaas

Post autor: klaashaas » sob lip 25, 2009 10:00

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies.
krol_olch pisze:Post-match drinks are more of a problem because if the game is at 20.00 then you have to ruch, as almost all pubs in that area close at 23.00
Hmm.. pubs close at 23.00h? Isn't that a bit early? Do many pubs close at that time?
goora pisze:1. for wednesday you should describe what are you looking for
We will arrive late at the hotel (Mazowiecka street). A local pub or bar close by with friendly 30-ish crowd would be perfect.
goora pisze:3. as it will be late, you need do find places open during night. definatelly you can find big selection of bars in area of Nowy Swiat street, I pesonally recommend Nowy Swiat 27 club called Powiekszenie but in this area there is many places open for sure on both sides of the street (but not from the front, you need to go to the backyard.
Is 23.00h really considered late for entering the 'nightlife' in Warsaw? If I'm correct, Nowy Swiat is close to our hotel, so this sounds like a good option for us.

See you for pre-match drinks at Freta street!

Mokotowski
Wielki Elektronik

Post autor: Mokotowski » sob lip 25, 2009 10:09

klaashaas pisze:(Mazowiecka street)
You will stay in the center of the city center. You will not have problems with finding cool places very close to your hotel.

spawn

Post autor: spawn » sob lip 25, 2009 10:22

to simplify matters:

some pubs close earlier, specially during the week. During weekends most places would be open to around 2 -3 am or even early mornig.

people arrive at parties around 23 - midnight. if you want to know what parties are held, check out:

http://www.aktivist.pl/warszawa/

or pick up a free copy of this magazine, they lie around in pubs and bars.

mazowiecka street is pretty popular with posh and well off people, there is a selection of bars and clubs, including a jazz bar. Expect door selection, but foreigners are treated better than locals.

if you want to move around Warsaw, consider either taking public transport or a taxi.

public transportation - bus/tram/ metro - single ticket (bilet normalny) costs 2.80 pln, but its worth to buy a daily ticket (bilet dzienny) for 9 pln, if you move around. valid for 24 hours, you have to stamp it in the bus/tram or at the metro station

taxis - they wait in various places in the center, prices vary. generally you pay per kilometer - from 1.60 up to 3 pln + a starting fee (6 pln). choose a taxi that has a name of company, ignore 'no names' - they'll rip you off. on the passenger side window there is always a sticker that will tell you the price for 1 km. be aware, that what is printed in big numbers is a price only for daily fare. nighttime fare is listed below.

ps. if you come by plane, ignore people who will offer you taxi in the arrival zone. just walk outside, there is taxi place operated by 2 companies. not the cheapest ones, but no scam. from the airport to the center you should pay around 30 pln, maybe some more.

krol_olch
IFC POLONI@
Kontakt:

Post autor: krol_olch » sob lip 25, 2009 10:47

Hmm.. pubs close at 23.00h? Isn't that a bit early? Do many pubs close at that time?
I said "pubs in the area" meaning those in the New and Old Town. This district is a bit weird, because apart from tourist attractions its also the place inhabited by old-age pensioners. That is why the nightlife there dies so early, but there are a few placdes open until 1 or 3 AM.

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL FOREIGNERS VISITING WARSAW: Unlike in Krakow or Wroclaw or most European cities, the Old Town of Warsaw is NOT the centre of the city. On the contrary, local people don't go there too often. It's a tourist attraction, it's close to Polonia, but it's not where life in Warsaw happens.

Heh, you're staying at Mazowiecka? You won't have to go far, as Spawn wrote, plenty of places there. They are quite expensive, but "30-ish crowd" is what you can expect. And its no techno-dumbass shit. Down the street from Mazowiecka there is an art gallery called Zachęta (across the street from Victoria Sofitel hotel). In the basement of the gallery there is a club called "Obiekt Znaleziony" or simply "Obiekt" - quite nice and cheaper than Mazowiecka itself.

My rocommendation is that on matchday you just walk to the Stadium - there is no need to take a bus or a tram or whatever, it should take you about 20 minutes.

Obelix

Post autor: Obelix » sob lip 25, 2009 13:21

krol_olch pisze:I said "pubs in the area" meaning those in the New and Old Town. This district is a bit weird, because apart from tourist attractions its also the place inhabited by old-age pensioners. That is why the nightlife there dies so early, but there are a few placdes open until 1 or 3 AM.
That's correct! Nowe Miasto and Stare Miasto is occupied by a very agressive gang of old, ugly, agressive, brutal women. They have no mercy for anybody - weeknights belong to them :cry: Only weekends are a bit better - but on Thursday's night it's better to go to the center - to have some fun.

NACBreda

Post autor: NACBreda » ndz lip 26, 2009 10:07

my hotel is in the center of Warsaw, on the main street i guess.
How far is that walking from the stadium and does a metro go to the stadium?

kostek

Post autor: kostek » ndz lip 26, 2009 10:13

Yes, station Dworzec Gdański - 5min by foot.

Awatar użytkownika
mesc

Post autor: mesc » ndz lip 26, 2009 10:21

NACBreda pisze:my hotel is in the center of Warsaw, on the main street i guess.
How far is that walking from the stadium and does a metro go to the stadium?
What do you mean by "main street"? Marszałkowska? It's quite a long street, so it depends on which part of the street your hotel is. It could be a walking distance or could be about 5 metro stations as well. Take a look at the map that Kozlorf prepered for you or see the map at www.chodznamecz.pl. Metro station closest to the stadium is called Dworzec Gdański and is about 5-7 minutes walk (south-east) from the place.

ODPOWIEDZ